Liberty Hall is Cazenovia Recovery Systems’ Community Residence Program designed specifically for male veterans with a substance use disorder who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Located on the grounds of the Batavia, NY Veterans Administration Medical Center, the program can serve 18 men in recovery while supporting their mental health and physical well-being. The program is licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services and funded by the VA Homeless Grant Per Diem Program.
For bed availability, please visit the OASAS Bed Availability Dashboard. To find information on Cazenovia Recovery programs in Genesee County, select “Genesee” as the county, and click “Apply.” You can then look through the results for our programs by name. Please note that this dashboard will give you a general idea about potential openings, but it may not be completely accurate due to emergency placements and other factors. For more information on admission, please contact our Intake Coordinators at (716) 852-4331 ext. 304.
- Community-style living with 24-hour staff supervision
- Integrated service planning with VA services
- Linkage with appropriate medical care
- Counseling with the VA and Cazenovia Recovery Systems staff
- Individualized service planning
- Community integration
- Counseling (both individual and group)
- Case management
- Trauma-informed approach to care
- Community-style living
- Recovery-oriented programming
- On-site self-help meetings
- Vocational services
- Coordination with employment readiness programs
- On-site mental health counseling or linkage to off-site mental health counseling
- Daily living skills training
- Positive working relationships with the criminal justice system
- Semi-private rooms
- 100% handicapped accessible
- On-site meals
- Recreation area
- Males 18 years of age or older
- Must be homeless or at risk of homelessness (according to HUD standards)
- Must be able to live in a community setting
- Must be willing to participate in program activities
- Please contact Liberty Hall via phone or message below in order to the start the application process
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (NYS OASAS)
- Federal Home Loan Bank
- Cazenovia Recovery Systems, Inc.
Community Residence Program Overview
Cazenovia Recovery Systems, Inc. is highly experienced in providing rehabilitation services and housing for individuals facing the challenges of alcoholism, substance use, homelessness, and poverty. Our comprehensive network operates several community residences that support recovery, seek to restore individuals’ personal dignity and self-respect, and help to reunite families.
Our community residences offer alcohol/drug-free environments designed to facilitate recovery from substance use in an atmosphere that encourages learning further recovery skills. The level of care differs from that of a traditional halfway house because of its highly structured programs and its ability to offer services to those who are employed but still need a supervised recovery setting. Individualized care includes group counseling sessions.
Co-case management is emphasized between residents and outpatient clinics for continuing care counseling. A Community Residence Program prepares participants to pursue educational, vocational, and employment opportunities as they prepare to return to independent living. Self-help skills are stressed, providing a path toward restoring balance in one’s own life, along with establishing productive relationships with family members and others.
Contact the Liberty Hall Office
PO Box 1500
Batavia, NY 14021-1500
222 Richmond Ave.
Batavia, NY 14020
Phone: (585) 343-3094
Fax: (585) 343-3785
Angela Angora, CASAC
Barbara Bowman, CASAC
(PDF file – 305 kb)