Somerset House, located in rural Appleton, NY in Niagara County, is a Community Residence for women with a substance use disorder who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The program is capable of serving 17 women in recovery from addiction while supporting their mental health and physical well-being. The program is licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services and receives oversight from the Niagara County Department of Mental Health.
For bed availability, please visit the OASAS Bed Availability Dashboard. To find information on Cazenovia Recovery programs in Niagara County, select “Niagara” as the county, and click “Apply.” You can then look through the results for our programs by name. Please note that this dashboard will give you a general idea about potential openings, but it may not be completely accurate due to emergency placements and other factors. For more information on admission, please contact our Intake Coordinators at (716) 852-4331 ext. 304.
- 97% of residents remained free of drugs and alcohol during their stay
- 89% had no emergency room visits
- 100% had no behavioral health inpatient admissions
- 83% of residents discharged successfully
- Individualized service planning
- Community integration
- Counseling (both individual and group)
- Case management
- Trauma-informed approach to care
- Staff available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
- Community-style living
- Recovery-oriented programming
- On-site self-help meetings
- Vocational services
- Coordination with employment readiness programs
- On-site substance use counseling or linkage to off-site mental health counseling
- Daily living skills training
- Positive working relationships with the criminal justice system
- Semi-private rooms
- On-site meals
- Recreation and/or activities area
- Women 18 years of age or older
- Must be homeless (according to HUD standards)
- Must be able to live in a community setting
- Must be willing to participate in program activities
- To apply to Somerset House, please follow these steps
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
- Niagara County Department of Mental Health
Community Residence Program Overview
Cazenovia Recovery Systems, Inc. is highly experienced in providing rehabilitation services and housing for individuals facing the challenges of alcoholism, substance abuse, homelessness, and poverty. Our comprehensive network operates several community residences that support recovery, seek to restore individuals’ personal dignity and self-respect, and help to reunite families.
Our community residences offer alcohol/drug-free environments designed to facilitate recovery from substance use in an atmosphere that encourages learning further recovery skills. The level of care differs from that of a traditional halfway house because of its highly structured programs and its ability to offer services to those who are employed but still need a supervised recovery setting. Individualized care includes group counseling sessions.
Co-case management is emphasized between residents and outpatient clinics for continuing care counseling. A Community Residence Program prepares participants to pursue educational, vocational, and employment opportunities as they prepare to return to independent living. Self-help skills are stressed, providing a path toward restoring balance in one’s own life, along with establishing productive relationships with family members and others.
Contact the Somerset House Office
7397 Lake Rd.
Appleton, NY 14008
Phone: (716) 795-3719
Fax: (716) 795-9458
Erin DeWolfe, LCSW
Linda Werth, CASAC
(PDF file – 305 kb)