Madonna House is an intensive residential rehabilitation 16-bed facility for women who were unable to achieve long-term recovery from substance use in previous attempts. Located on a restorative piece of property tucked away in the woods in Lockport, NY, the program offers women and their children an opportunity for rehabilitation away from possible triggers. The average length of stay for successful treatment completion is 6-8 months and is divided into a phased structure that allows each resident to move through the treatment experience at her own progressive pace. The program is licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services and receives oversight from the Niagara County Department of Mental Health.
For bed availability, please visit the OASAS Bed Availability Dashboard. To find information on Cazenovia Recovery programs in Niagara County, select “Niagara” as the county, and click “Apply.” You can then look through the results for our programs by name. Please note that this dashboard will give you a general idea about potential openings, but it may not be completely accurate due to emergency placements and other factors. For more information on admission, please contact our Intake Coordinators at (716) 852-4331 ext. 304.
- Weekly individual sessions
- Scheduled group therapies
- Case management
- Trauma-informed approach to treatment
- Linkage to vocational case management
- Medical linkages
- Daily living skills training
- Community integration
- Social-supported activities
- On-site self-help meetings
- Transportation is provided to attend local off-site self-help meetings and offsite appointments
- Available opportunities to volunteer for community causes
- Discharge planning
- Linkage for services upon discharge
- Positive working relationships with the criminal justice system
- Located on wooded rural property
- Semi-private rooms
- Wheelchair accessible bedroom and bathroom
- On-site meals
- Recreation area
- Women 18 years of age or older; Children up to 4 years of age
- Substance use diagnosis
- Must have had numerous recovery attempts from substance-related disorders
- Deficits with interpersonal, vocational, and social skills, along with a need for extensive habilitation and rehabilitation
- Willingness to be admitted voluntarily regardless of legal status
- Willingness to follow rules and regulations of the program
- To apply to Madonna House, please follow these steps
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
- Niagara County Department of Mental Health
Intensive Residential Rehabilitation Overview
Cazenovia Recovery Systems, Inc. is highly experienced in providing rehabilitation services and housing for individuals facing the challenges of alcoholism, substance abuse, homelessness, and poverty. Our comprehensive network operates two intensive residential rehabilitation programs that support individuals who have been unable to achieve long-term recovery despite previous unsuccessful attempts in other programs.
Intensive Residential Rehabilitation offers alcohol/drug-free environments designed to facilitate recovery from substance use in an atmosphere that encourages learning basic recovery skills. It is highly structured and helps participants learn to cope with life experiences without relying on substance use. Individualized care includes includes one-to-one counseling and group counseling sessions.
Co-case management is emphasized between residents and outpatient clinics for mental health continuing care counseling. Intensive Residential Rehabilitation prepares participants to pursue recovery in less-structured settings as they prepare to return to independent living. Self-help skills are stressed, providing a path toward restoring balance in one’s own life, along with establishing productive relationships with family members and others.
Contact the Madonna House Office
5586 Niagara St. Extension
Lockport, NY 14094
Phone: (716) 438-9131
Fax: (716) 438-9653
(PDF file – 305 kb)