Turning Point House
Turning Point House is an intensive residential rehabilitation 21-bed facility for men who were unable to achieve long-term recovery from substance use in previous attempts. Opened in 1990 in Eden, NY, the program offers residents a restorative experience in a rural setting. The average length of stay for successful treatment completion is 6-9 months and is divided into a phased structure that allows each resident to move through the treatment experience at a progressive pace. The program is licensed by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services and receives oversight from the Erie County Department of Mental Health.
For bed availability, please visit the OASAS Bed Availability Dashboard. To find information on Cazenovia Recovery programs in Erie County, select “Erie” as the county, and click “Apply.” You can then look through the results for our programs by name. Please note that this dashboard will give you a general idea about potential openings, but it may not be completely accurate due to emergency placements and other factors. For more information on admission, please contact our Intake Coordinators at (716) 852-4331 ext. 304.
- 84% of residents remained free of drugs and alcohol during their stay
- 97% had no hospital admissions
- 97% had no behavioral health inpatient admissions
- Weekly individual sessions
- Scheduled group therapies
- Case management
- Trauma-informed approach to treatment
- Vocational case management
- Medical linkages
- Daily living skills training
- Community integration
- Social-supported activities
- On-site self-help meetings
- Transportation is provided to attend local off-site self-help meetings
- Available opportunities to volunteer for community causes
- Discharge planning
- Linkage for services upon discharge
- Positive working relationships with the criminal justice system
- Located on four acres of wooded rural property
- Semi-private rooms
- Wheelchair accessible bedroom and bathroom
- On-site meals
- Recreation area
- Men 18 years of age or older
- Must have had numerous recovery attempts from substance-related disorders
- To apply to Turning Point House, please follow these steps
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
- Erie County Department of Mental Health
- Federal Home Loan Bank
- Cazenovia Recovery Systems, Inc.
Intensive Residential Rehabilitation Overview
Cazenovia Recovery Systems, Inc. is highly experienced in providing rehabilitation services and housing for individuals facing the challenges of alcoholism, substance abuse, homelessness, and poverty. Our comprehensive network operates two intensive residential rehabilitation programs that support individuals who have been unable to achieve long-term recovery despite previous unsuccessful attempts in other programs.
Intensive Residential Rehabilitation offers alcohol/drug-free environments designed to facilitate recovery from substance use in an atmosphere that encourages learning basic recovery skills. It is highly structured and helps participants learn to cope with life experiences without relying on substance use. Individualized care includes one-to-one counseling and group counseling sessions.
Co-case management is emphasized between residents and outpatient clinics for mental health continuing care counseling. Intensive Residential Rehabilitation prepares participants to pursue recovery in less-structured settings as they prepare to return to independent living. Self-help skills are stressed, providing a path toward restoring balance in one’s own life, along with establishing productive relationships with family members and others.
Contact the Turning Point House Office
Turning Point House
9136 Sandrock Road
Eden, New York 14057
Phone: (716) 992-4972
Fax: (716) 992-4791
(PDF file – 305 kb)